Homemade Oat Milk
The perfect creamy oat milk
Yield: 4 cups
Cost: $0.21 CAD
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups ice cold water must be ice cold
Measure oats into blender
Add a pinch of salt
Add ice cold water
Blend for no more than 20 seconds - you do not want any heat generated
Strain through nutmilk bag
- It's important to use old fashioned oats—don't use quick or steel cut oats.
- Ice cold water is essential—if using tap water you can add ice cubes to the blender.
- Why? This prevents the oats from releasing their starch and making the oat milk slimy. Nobody wants that, gross.
- Again, heat = slimy milk. Yuck!
- The milk will separate in the fridge, but it just needs a shake.
- Lasts for 4 days in the fridge.